Monday, October 8, 2007

Guy Beck

Hi Deborah,
I am better at replying ono-on-one than to a general call for comments. That being said, I will fill you in and give my support for another Reunion (45th). I really enjoyed the last reunion and felt that I really connected with classmates and friends after so many years. It was also great to play the piano and remember the "good old days" through so much good music (real music!).
I (we) returned to New Orleans after teaching for 2 years at UNC Wilmington. I will teach again at Tulane, assuming that everything gets back on track after Katrina. Meanwhile I secured a large research grant for study in India (4 months) sometime this next academic year. I was also invited to teach a semester at Ole Miss (U of Miss) this Fall, so things are getting busy. I am trying to relax this summer by finishing up a few projects around the house and playing jazz piano gigs in the French Quarter on weekends. Things in New Orleans are getting back to speed in terms of food and music, tourism, etc.
Hope you are well, and congratulations on your hard work with getting the blog up and running. It looks great!

Hail the Green Hornets!
Best wishes
Guy