Thursday, November 6, 2008

Sandy Jackson Epoch

I was sad to hear about the loss of our classmate, Dave Milan. There are some good memories of him through the blog and that's what makes the blog a great communication tool. I send my heartfelt sympathy to his family.

I have been in San Diego for four weeks, house and dog sitting for my brother, Ted. I feel busier than ever as a retiree. I plan on returning to Austin to help take care of my grandson until my daughter completes her masters in May. Then I hope to return to San Diego for another long visit. I made many friends here and I especially enjoy meetups with Tom Weller, his new wife Barbara, Wayne Trevilpiece and Sue. Wayne, Tom, Barbara and I met at JT's again and hopefully we continue to meet at least a couple times a year. Wayne's wife, Sue is still in Antarctica. I hope our next meet will include both Sue and Wayne. We will be anxious to hear how things are progressing on the construction of their new home.

I wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving. Sandy Jackson Epoch from San Diego today