Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Cinda Meachem Sutton


.......I am a grandmother again!! (#3) My youngest son Ryan and his wife, Nicole, had a son, Colton Scott Sutton on 9/15/08. He is a great little guy and I'm so lucky to have him right around the corner! Our travel group recently spent a long weekend in Nashville. Lots of fun! A mixture of music and Civil War history....very good time!

And today....the privilege of voting in an historic election! Makes you "proud to be an American!" (Of course, especially if my candidate wins....isn't that always the way?) Makes me think so much of the election of JFK, which we were too young to vote in......imagine that it was considered so incredible to elect a Roman Catholic!!!!

I love reading the blog and hearing how classmates are doing. Much better than the Xmas cards I always meant to send and never did!

Jane Gaitley Collins will be undergoing yet another hip surgery in December, so keep her in your thoughts and prayers. We speak fairly often and had a great vacation with them on a houseboat this past summer. I think I already told you about that. Scott is doing very well, too. I never would have thought he would be doing so well, considering the seriousness of his heart attack.

My family is coming in for the Veteran's Day weekend. It is when we celebrate Thanksgiving. We found it too difficult to travel over Thanksgiving, so this is our family celebration weekend. The one time all year we are all together....4 generations!

Hope things are going O.K. with your Mother. Scott's mother has dementia, too, so I can certainly relate. We moved her from Arizona here to be near us. Scott is the eldest of 6 children,but for a variety of reasons, we are the caretakers. Thank God for assisted living! And I thank God that my mother is still mentally in great shape.
Thanks again for all you do.
Cinda