Thursday, July 3, 2008

Bil Schai



Happy 4th of July Debby,

I have been following your '66 blog since your email last May. As I said to you then, by age I should be in the Class of '66, but due to lack of focus, I finally graduated a couple years later. Not a bad thing, as it
kept me out of going to Vietnam.
Since Dave Eckerson is turning 60 on Monday July 7th and myself on the 10th, I thought I should fill in my blanks...
Lived in Cazenovia, NY since 1982 . In the midst of divorce. 1 son, Tyler, 22, senior at RIT with one more year for Engineering Degree. Thank God, as I agreed to pay for his college education....
Have been employed at Jaquith Industries in Syracuse, NY since leaving Home Fair hardware store in F'ville back in 1975. The same Jaquith's that lived in F'ville. Son Scott, is the CEO of the company. Jaquith is a custom steel fabricator. Main product is airport lighting equipment. As VP of the company,
I have been blessed with being able to travel & see the world on their dime for 30+ yrs. For MANY years I was on the road a lot, but as Tyler got into high school sports, I hired someone to do the traveling, so I could catch his
ball games... Places such as Hong Kong, Bangkok,Thailand, Melbourne/Sydney Australia, all over Europe, Clark AFB & Subic Bay, Philippines, and most recently Delhi, India. The main thread here is these places all have built
new airports with new runways or upgraded existing ones and that means our products. Every light on a runway or taxiway are installed on our products. Domestically, it seems I have been to just about every major hub airport in the States.... For fun, I was introduced to snowmobiling 5 yrs ago, but the CNY winters have let us "biliers" down with minimal snow. I have a bass boat moored on Cazenovia Lake and fish as often as I can. Troll past the Revercomb's all the time... never see Pam or Gary out. That's about it.... a couple pixs.. one of our Dalmatian, Sasha with Tyler yrs ago, and me on the runway in Texas and one in the shop.
All the best.
Bill