Saturday, July 5, 2008

Cheryl Albig


Hi Debby,

Pretty routine here, just keeping up with maintenance doctor appointments like a recent colonoscopy and an eye exam that will restrict my driving to daylight hours only. Next week, the periodontist. It seems like doctor appointments are interfering with my life!

With Virginia Tech in town, I quite often edit journal articles and dissertations (& a few books) for professors and graduate students. But I'll soon begin work on my first fiction. It should be fun to deal with something with a plot. At least I hope it has a plot or it will need more editing than I'd like to do. I was once asked to edit a book of poetry and wisely chose to turn that offer down. Poetry never was my gig, and I can't edit what I can't understand.

Happy Independence Day. Only 10 more days 'til I turn 60. Oh, the horror of it all!

I think of you often--whenever I see the weather report. Looks like Missouri weather leaves a little to be desired.

I hope your mother is doing well.

Cheryl