Friday, July 4, 2008

Happy 4th to all


Hi Debbie,


I am still in San Diego and hope I get to see some fireworks tonight but with the dry weather the fireworks better be over water. My brother, Ted and his wife left Wednesday traveling up the coast to the State of Washington. They got as far as Big Sur and were turned away. 1400 fires and more dry lightening threatening northern California. I saw Tom Weller last week and he has been trying to find a nice weekend to enjoy his boat but the very HOT weather has kept him home in San Diego. Wayne is still traveling and hopefully the fires will stay north so that Wayne and Sue and others who lost their homes last year can rebuild. I am housesitting for my brother and am looking forward to returning to Austin to see my grandson in three weeks. I may be working at the Mini State Park during the NYS Fair this year. So if anyone is visiting the fair, look me up in the information booth around the pool in front of the Horticulture building.
Here's to some great Fourth of July celebration picnics. Have a good one and thanks again for all the work you do on the blog. You are certainly are a very caring person to bring so many of us together this way. AND I wish you the best in caring for your mom. Take care yourself

Sandy Jackson Epoch from San Diego Today