Friday, July 4, 2008

News and Information about the Class of 1965















Dave Homer was good enough to send me some information on his classmates from 1965.

"Thank you for writing. It's good to hear from Tim, even if indirectly, and where he is. I'm sending this back to you so that you can send it on to Tim in whatever form you think best since he's not computer oriented. (Dave Homer)
I can fill Tim in on myself and a few people who I saw at the 40th reunion two years ago. I live outside Albany, Nerw York with my wife. Our three kids are up and out. I'm a judge here in federal court and have lived in Albany since 1979. I last saw Tim at Syracuse U. sitnning in the Varsity restaurant with a couple very pretty friends but haven't seen or heard from him since. I hope all is well.
Jeff Smith lives in Bradenton, Florida with his wife and three kids, two still in ocllege. He is an oral surgeon, lives on a golf course where he plays constantly, and has season tickets to every pro sport event in Tampa.
Rob Sylvester lives in Fayetteville with his wife, Lucy, whom Tim may remember. Rob is now a fianancial consultant at a business located in Manlius. He plays golf every week with Gary Revercomb, who married Pam Lipe and is a dentist in Manlius.
Peter Myer lives here in Albany with his wife. Their two boys are now working as a middle school teacher here in Albnay and a policeman in Rhode Island. Peter took a mid-life tunr and became drug counselor a few years ago and works a t a facility here in Albany.
Neither Bob Sudmyer nor Frank Perkins were at the reunion, but Sudsy is a real estate lawyer in Worcester, Mass. (Doug Perkins works in a support position at his law firm) and Frank is in the real estate business with his other brother in Utah where he still skis a lot.
Dale Drypolcher lives in Syracuse, teaches classes in television at F-M, and has worked for over 20 years as a sports broadcaster doing SU football on radio and all manner of lacrosse games. I even heard him here in Albany one time as the color commentator on a high school basketball game.
Tim Atseff was at the reunion. tim has just remarried (his first wife died a few years earlier from cancer). He had progressed from the Syrqacuse Herald-Journal's editorial cartoonist to become the paper's managing editor.
I don't know if you or Tim know about this website, buth the F-M school districtis website has an alumni section which includes and "Alumni Search" conncection. There, you can get information on the 10-15 people in each class who have completed the site's questionnaire. My sis ter told me about it. It's at http://www.fmschools.org/ and click on "Alumni & Community" and then "Alumni Site" and then the Search prompt. There are 14 entries for our 1965 class and 18 for your 1966 class. Tim and you might find it interesting to catch up on a few others.
From the reunion, it seemed that Dale Drypolcher somehow had informatgion on everyone whoever attended F-M. If you or Tim can connect with Dale (I think his e-mail address is available on the F-M Alumni website above), I know that he would have a lot more information.
Thanks again for writing. I hope things are well with you and please give Tim my best.