Saturday, July 5, 2008

Dave Milan


Hi Debby,

Sorry about the lack of emails. It seems that I've been on the move every second with work and home improvements and car repair. I guess being able to do all this stuff myself is both a blessing and a curse. Not much happening other than that. I went down to La Grande, Oregon, two weekends ago to see my two sons participate in an off-road triathlon. My older son, Joey (age 30), has been working out forever but my younger son, Jesse (age 27), is just getting into it. Joey can't run anymore because he has a bad back, so he talked Jesse into doing the run leg. It gave Jesse a reason to train and he's been really motivated to get in shape. Joey did the open water swim (at 1K or 0.6 mile) and the mountain bike leg (about 15 miles) and Jesse did the 10K (6.2 miles) run. They did great and I was really happy that I was there to see them working so well together. I'm very proud of both of them. Then I went down to Boise for my grandson's first birthday. He's a real cutie and, of course, brilliant, as is my 3-year-old granddaughter. It was a whirlwind trip with me flying down on Sat morning for the birthday party on Sat night and coming back on Sun afternoon, but Joey and I managed to do a little father/son bonding on Sun morning with an open water swim. This weekend Joey and I were planning to go up into the mountains for a long weekend backpacking trip, but there's still so much snow that we wouldn't have even been able to get to the trail head. So it's a weekend of working on the house, yard and cars. I'll try to get a couple of bike rides in and maybe a walk in the woods, too. We'll see. Hope all is well with you. From the news accounts, it looks like you've had lots of water in your area.

Hope you've managed to stay high and dry.

Dave